June 10, 2009

OH HOW I MISS THE TOUR

 

Reality has set in.  After my first week back at work (a 60 hour work week by choice) the reality of not being on the tour has set in.  I feel very fortunate to have my job at YRC.  Like I've posted before click here , I enjoy my job plus I have decent pay with excellent benefits.  With layoffs, pay cuts (me included), furloughs, and unemployment at the highest it's been in 25 years, I am fortunate.  However, not everything is rosy in Teamsterville.  The company has suspended pension payments and the union has agreed to open negotiations on our contract.  This usually means more concessions.  I won't know until the weekend what the proposal will be, but in this economic environment, does it really matter? 

Although it's only been 10 days since I was golfing, riding, and in the mist of "the tour", it feels like forever and I need a vacation...

 

7 comments:

Sandee said...

Those that have jobs are indeed very fortunate. The bleeding isn't over yet. There is much more economic woe to come before things get better.

Have a terrific day. :)

Desert Songbird said...

I'd be missing that trip, too. Road trips are the way to go, and you did it the best way.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Man, everyone is cutting back...good luck with that

Well, you could plan a little trip to Memphis in September....Just saying

Mel said...

Well, shoot...not exactly happy news, but not the worse news on the planet either.

Reality sucks sometimes, yaknow?

*sending positive thoughts*
I'll hope for solutions that are doable and workable for everyone involved.

Hole in Fore (Four, Yo) said...

I understand completely...talking with Mike tonight we realized it has been only two weeks since you and I left Florida. It seems like two months!! You know you are always welcome here to relax and unwind...we saved a spot in our foursome for the four round "Saucier Open".

When you say the company has suspended pension payments do you mean they are no longer paying out to the retired folks? Is that legal?

Linda said...

I think the worst part of vacation is going back to work and realizing that it truly is over. Perhaps you need to plan a Five-One Tour??

Travis Cody said...

On the bright side, now you can start planning the next road trip.